Title of Post: After school Club assistant
Hours: Monday to Friday 3 pm to 5pm currently with a possibility of 6pm term time only
Salary Grade: 1 (£9.25 per hour)
St. Mark’s CE Primary school is a popular primary school with four classes. We can offer:
- An exciting and positive working atmosphere
- Children who are enthused about their learning and whose behaviour is outstanding
- The support of a close knit, hardworking team including staff, parents and governors
- A commitment to professional development
- Idyllic surroundings.
- Purpose of the Role
- To assist a small team of colleagues in the day to day operation and organisation of the Sunset Club (afterschool club).
- To ensure all children attending the afterschool club (including those who have individual needs or are vulnerable) finish their day at St. Mark’s in a calm and positive manner.
- To develop a partnership with parents and establish a welcoming environment.
- General Duties
- To maintain a safe and stimulating play environment and to assist with developing opportunities which encourage children’s social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development through play.
- Be responsible to the club supervisor and to the Headteacher.
- To interact with all pupils.
- To greet the pupils and settle them into the club.
- To liaise with parents.
- To liaise with other team members.
- To ensure the setting is safe.
- To ensure the setting is left in a clean and tidy state ready for the next session.
- To follow guidelines and procedures for Safeguarding in accordance with St. Mark’s policies & procedures.
- To carry out any other duties, which will be seen to enhance the work of the After School Club.
- Responsible to :
- After School Club Manager and Headteacher
St. Mark’s CE Primary School actively promotes the welfare and safety of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please send your completed application form to Marie Richardson by 18th October midday when shortlisting will take place.
Please contact Marie Richardson in the school office for further information on 01444 400398 or email@example.com
- Available to work every day.
- Able to mulit-task and show flexibility.
- Genuine passion for working with children.
- Positive approach to problem solving.
- Previous experience working with children.
- Creative and sporty.
- Maths, English GCSE or equivalent.